Overview of Position
Designs and establishes configuration management procedures. Position involves analyzing changes of product design to determine the effect on the end product and prepares necessary documentation. Coordinates with program management and end users to determine a process for change reporting. Reviews released engineering change data and changes documenting activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
Position requires U.S. citizenship status with a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance.
- Provides configuration management planning.
- Candidate will be required to assist the APM for Tactical Server Infrastructure (TSI) hardware in the areas of hardware engineering support, configuration management, acquisition, documentation preparation, and tracking of all hardware items required by PdM TMC.
- Candidate will be required to conduct market research on the latest trends in computer hardware, software virtualization, and advanced commercial server technologies.
- Candidate will assist in the identification and selection of commercial off the shelf (COTS) items, configuration, and potential modification of COTS products to satisfy mission needs.
- Candidate will be required to summarize complex technical information, and prepare briefing documents for presentation to PdM and PM leadership.
- Candidate must be highly organized to maintain accountability of all TSI-related hardware, assist in tracking fielded HW and SW baselines, and contribute to an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Candidate will be required to assume duties as the PdM expert on software license requirements, procurement, and tracking.
- Candidate will serve as a primary member of the Product Support Manager IPT to contribute hardware expertise.
- Candidate will interface with external organizations and represent PdM TMC in discussions with Government & Contractor stakeholders.
- Candidate must possess at least 2 years of experience supporting either a US Military Project Office, Lifecycle Management Center, Major Command, or equivalent experience in the US Military.
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals, A+, or Server+ would be a major advantage.
- Knowledge of government procurement and contracting, processes and procedures, including purchasing of commercial hardware and software. Understanding of the Common Hardware Systems and Army CHESS contracts preferred. Understanding of hardware components including servers, switches/routers, security domains, and virtual machine architectures desirable.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, ability to work independently with experts in the technical area, and ability to manage long-term efforts. Pro-active, energetic and assertive nature.
- Minimum education requirement: High School diploma. Preference Associates Degree in Business or Technical Major. Extensive civilian or military experience in related positions can substitute.