DAS is seeking a Records Management Specialist (RM) with experience in creation, sharing, and day-to-day management of information throughout the organization to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and operational requirements. Specific duties can include development, implementation, and administration of the organization’s RM program as well as the development of uniform systems and procedures for filing records and materials in various media formats. Coordination with the Knowledge Manager (KM), administer the organization’s KM resources using Microsoft (MS) SharePoint, DoD Enterprise Portal Service (DEPS), and other physical and cloud-based Information Technology (IT) solutions.
- Establish and maintain a filing, retrieval, and disposition system according to industry best practices and Federal/Department of Defense guidance
- Plan and conduct a records inventory and identify vital records
- Support KM modernization efforts transitioning legacy KM information repositories to cloud-based IT solutions
- Conduct annual records review and update to the General Records Schedule
- Develop briefings and deliver RM briefings to groups to inform personnel on RM policies and procedures
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associate’s degree with at least 12 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of experience
- Master's degree and at least 4 years of experience
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards Master's degree.
The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Requires at least 1 certification in area of specialization
- Additional certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience
- Experience with KM system strategy, implementation, communications, and maintenance
- Familiar with DoD operations and environment, and comfortable with IT systems and software
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior management, cross-functional teams, internal/external customers, and end-users
- Proficiency using MS Office 365 suite specifically SharePoint and MS Project is desired
- Technical background in networking, storage, backup and recovery, cloud solutions, and hypervisors