Overview of Position
Senior Systems Engineer with Cloud & Virtualization Understanding. This position supports next generation infrastructure with unified communications through a virtualized environment. Responsible for system improvements in reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, deployments, and maintenance of IT systems, to include building, patching, and maintaining servers.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI and FS Poly
(Candidates who do not have the skills, experience, or clearance listed as required will be removed from consideration.
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNASecurity, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- -Must be available for on-call support.
- Experience building/managing servers in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment.
- Experience with cloud/server/network/storage implementation and support.
- Experience with VMware implementation and support.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation, and prepares documentation for infrastructure changes.
- Solid Linux (CentOS, RedHat, and Oracle Linux).
- EDC (Enterprise Data Center) - The EDC still consists of both VMs on VMware infrastructure and Solaris systems.
- MASH (MachineShop) – build/support VMs (not the hardware or infrastructure in this environment)
- DHE (Database Hosting Environment) – physical servers, RHEV (RedHat Virtual Environment) and VMware.
- MUC VMware – build/support VMs (not the hardware or infrastructure for this environment).
- PUPPET (to manage system configuration).
- Standard services – Active Directory/Centrify, McAfee (Nails/ePO/CMA), etc.
- Monitor systems using XYMON. Assists with design implementation, and maintenance of
monitoring systems (physical & virtual).
Education & Experience
- Master's degree and three (3) years experience
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years experience
- Associate's degree and seven (7) years experience
- High School Grad and nine (9) years experience