Diverse Agile Solutions is seeking a Service Engineer II for our Redmond, WA location. This is a Night position, Thursday - Sunday 12am-9am.
This position requires an ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance with a full-scope polygraph fully adjudicated by the designated agency.
This functional role is accountable for mitigating platform and service impacts as quickly as possible by executing against defined written procedures. Resources will need to query analytics engines using scripting similar to SQL, as well as script automation steps in Python, C#, or PowerShell
Incidents can be sourced through automated monitoring, heads-up displays and incident management systems (IcM). Resources must use these inputs to identify trends/patterns that require follow-up.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- • Identifying and driving fixes with feature teams for volume drivers
- • Running documented deployment scrips in accordance with this agreement
- • Ensuring the deployment flow is proceeding smoothly and any issues are escalated promptly and accurately back to the deploying team
- • Coordinate restoration actions with partners
- • When deficiencies in knowledge base of troubleshooting guides are found, will open bugs with feature teams as necessary to update collateral used to resolve issues.
- • Assist in outage restoration actions, escalating to Microsoft personnel within published timeframes or when indicated by procedure.
- • Log all investigative and restorative actions taken in IcM for later retrieval for audit purposes and root cause investigations.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience diagnosing/debugging faults in complex online services
- Demonstrated experience diagnosing/debugging faults in complex services or distributed systems
- Working knowledge of enterprise network gear including routers, switches, and load balancers.
- Working knowledge of enterprise routing protocols and IP sub-netting
- Experience using common diagnostic tools like Netmon, WinDBG and Wireshark
- Experience with PowerShell, SQL, and Python scripting
- Able to diagnose and mitigate faults
- Able to identify and drive recovery levers with feature teams
- Able to communicate effectively through written and oral English
- Able to interact with external customers and partners on behalf of Microsoft
- Ability to perform work under continuous deadline pressure
- Hold active TS/SCI security clearance with a full-scope polygraph fully adjudicated by the designated agency.