Diverse Agile Solutions is seeking a Service Services-System Engineer who has experience with Operational support of the on-site Application Hosting infrastructure, to include not only support of the virtual environment, but also as needed “smart hands” support to the system hardware which houses the virtual environment.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Thorough file server support and maintenance knowledge.
- Monitoring of systems to include system capacity and planning, acceptable performance and customer accessibility.
- Respond to alerts from monitoring software.
- Maintain security compliance via the review, compliance verification and installation of monthly operating system patches.
- Excellent customer relations are a must.
- Organizational skills to participate on projects and the drive to take ownership of them.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum of (7) years of computer systems- or networking-related experience. Minimum of (4) years of general Windows server administration, and client/server support and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Good troubleshooting, Problem solving and Analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet cabling and switching.
- Thorough knowledge of Support IT ticketing system.
- Ability to use NetApps hardware/software support, SAN hardware support, Veritas NetBackup support.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Directory Services, File Services, Messaging Services, WEB Services, SOE/Engineering Services, and Solaris 10.
- Thorough system administration (policies and procedures) knowledge.
- Team-oriented with professional attitude and customer focus.
- Good troubleshooting, Problem solving and Analytical skills.