Diverse Agile Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Systems Monitoring Analyst who has experience with system monitoring tools (Nagios and Thruk) and has experience with Linux and troubleshooting. This candidate will also have operations experience with a 'high ops tempo'.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Participating in creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files.
- Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level.
- Will develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Provides support for the enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
Required Education and Experience:
Certifications: IAT Level II Certification Required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and have (8) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server-based IT enterprise. Or the individual shall have (5) years of full-time computer science work that can be substituted for the bachelor’s degree and have (8) years of demonstrable experience in the system administration and support of a large client-server-based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
- Experience should include installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms.
- Experience with the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- Multi-vendor servers running a plethora of COTS, open source, and in-house applications to accommodate HPC Division IT support requirements
- Multi-vendor servers running Red Hat of SuSe with direct attached, FC SAN storage or SSDs
- Distributing computing tools such as ReS, LSF, and SLURM
- HPC farm systems, HPC MPP clustered systems, Front End servers of Special Purpose devices (SPDs)
- IBM of HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back end
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS and Lustre
- Pre-Factory testing, Factory testing, System integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPS systems