Overview of Position
Provide assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of an enclave environment
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI and FS Poly
(Candidates who do not have the skills, experience, or clearance listed as required will be removed from consideration.
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNASecurity, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Cisco Nexus OS, IOS, IOS-XE configuration management and equipment upgrade experience
- Cisco ASA Firewall upgrade and management experience including IPSec VPNs
- WAN and Campus based LAN network troubleshooting and fault isolation and resolution
- (Preferred) Linux Administration -WSUS/SCCM experience
- (Preferred) Windows Server 2012/2016, 10 deployment and management experience
- (Preferred) MS Powershell scripting, VMWare PowerCLI
- (Preferred) Cisco UCS, Hyperflex management experience
- (Preferred) VMWare VSphere ESXi 6.x experience
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components. Provide support using Cisco hardware.
- Install network applications on Cisco network server’s equipment; Maintain, tests, research and resolve network issues.
- Design, Implement and maintain various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
- Prepare data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Perform data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Understanding of enterprise management of converged networks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning. In depth knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
- Provide technical guidance/ recommendations for network architecture.
- Interface and communicate effectively.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree and three (3) years experience
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years experience
- Associate's degree and seven (7) years experience
- High School Grad and nine (9) years experience