DAS is actively seeking a Software Engineer for our Fleet Forces Command customer in Norfolk, VA to provide on-site support regarding application development and maintenance of code to include designing, changing, testing and troubleshooting issues to maintain system compliance and operability.
Job Description (should not be construed as all-inclusive)
In the performance of support services to operate and maintain N1 requirements, contractor employees shall be required to perform tasks and sub-tasks. The following generally identifies the services and support required under the resultant contract:
- Provide continuous application development support to the Global Force Management (GFM) applications including the IA Portal and Compass applications.
No travel is anticipated for this requirement.
- CompTIA Security Plus certification (mandatory)
Applicable Work Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, with documented proficiency utilizing .Net technologies and applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, with documented proficiency in the management, configuration and use of the following software suites: SharePoint 2007 or higher, Windows 2008 or higher, Active Directory and networking, IIS 6 or higher and SQL 2008 or higher.
- Minimum 2 years of experience, with documented proficiency in the installation, configuration, and management of virtualization technology such as Hyper-V, Virtual Box and VMware.
- Applicable and extensive working knowledge of the Navy’s Global Force Management (GFM) process. Acceptable level of knowledge includes: Ability to effectively validate GFM requirements using USFF N1 Compass web application; and confirming GFM Navy sourcing using USFF N1 Individual Augmentation (IA) Portal web application.
Must be a productive multitasker by having the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be able to effectively prioritize efforts to successfully meet deadlines.
Must demonstrate excellent communication skills such that viewpoints and concepts are presented in a clear and concise manner. The contractor must be responsive in resolving issues and experienced in providing one to one user interaction. The contractor will adapt best practices and techniques pertaining to information sharing and content management.
Must be self-motivating and a cooperative contributing member of the Development Team.