Overview of Position
As a System Administrator providing support for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI and FS Poly
(Candidates who do not have the skills, experience, or clearance listed as required will be removed from consideration)
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNASecurity, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Windows Server 2013
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- Experience installing, configuring, upgrading and migrating Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 servers
- Practical application and troubleshooting experience with systems that interface with Active Directory, Exchange and NetApp Tier 2&3 support in an enterprise level, globally distributed environment.
- Experience running scripts to manage/automate tasks related to Windows platforms.
- Experience with the deployment and maintenance of current and next generation Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) desktops.
- Customer support experience to include phone, email and in person contact as well as experience assisting end users with new desktop capabilities and/or software.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology.
- Ability to resolve configuration and or logistical issues using technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams. With excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education & Experience
- High School/GED with nine (9) years experience
- Associate's degree with seven (7) years experience
- Bachelor's degree with five (5) years experience
- Master's degree with three (3) years experience
- Doctorate with at least one (1) year of experience