DAS is looking for
Design and implement simulation capabilities in support of a cutting-edge DARPA project. Duties include design, development, integration, and test of complex software applications (some from third parties) in an Agile DevSecOps environment. Applicants are expected to be highly-motivated self-starters with the ability to work through challenging issues effectively and efficiently.
- Mission Command Adapter development
- Configuration and knowledge of AFATDS, CPCE, TAIS, AMDWS, and TBMCS
- Software enhancements using Java, Typescript, and Python
- Configuration and Integration of disparate command and control systems through a cutting-edge communication backbone
- Participation in design discussions with the lead software developer, architect, project owner, PM, and other DARPA performers.
- Creation of software design artifacts
- Infrequent travel is required for this position
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement capabilities as directed by the lead engineer
- Participate in Agile software development ceremonies (scrum, retrospective, etc.)
- Support integration into larger system developed remotely
- Creation of unit tests for all developed software
- Ability to debug software system issues using a debugging tool (e.g,, Chrome Devtools, Visual Studio debugger, Java Debugger, YourKit Java profiler)
- Development experience with the Mission Command Adapter (MCA)
- Experience with command and control systems
- Object Oriented design background, preferably using OSGi component architecture
- Deep knowledge of Java and Angular
- Demonstrated ability develop software in a group setting and implement unit tests
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Knowledge in any of the following areas would be considered a plus:
- User level experience with the Atlassian tool suite, including Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and BitBucket
- Developer level knowledge of one or more of OneSAF, NGTS, ITASE, and AFSIM. Development of physical models and behaviors (e.g., AI, behavior trees)
- Experience working in an Agile DevSecOps environment
- Container technologies (K8s, Docker)
- Apache Karaf
- RESTful services and OpenAPI
- Message Oriented Middleware
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of related job experience in working on government DoD programs
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government's Task Order.