DAS is actively seeking a Cloud Security Engineer. The position will be remote to begin with and later the work location will be in Vienna, VA or DC metro location.
The Cloud Security Engineer role will develop information security architecture and ensuring technology initiatives and implementations to make our client’s cloud environments more secure. The Security Engineer is accountable for securing enterprise information by identifying network and application security requirements, planning, implementing and testing security controls and procedures.
Job Requirements (should not be construed as all-inclusive)
- Work closely with enterprise architects and engineers to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative cloud-based security offerings.
- Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and tactical operational security objectives.
- Identify appropriate technology/data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats.
- Communicate threat intelligence and vulnerability management options
- Analyzing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture
- Meet with clients and lead security-related efforts
- Employs tools such as Symantec End Point protection, Tenable Nessus, Big Fix, Splunk, TrendMicro, Prowler, WebInspect, DBProtect, NAC, CounterACT, CyberArk, etc.
- The ideal candidate must have strong foundation across vulnerability management and endpoint security offerings and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts.
- Working knowledge of the Continuous Diagnostic and Mitigation (CDM) program.
- Strong skills needed in areas of: FISMA, NIST 800-53, Cloud Security, Nessus, Vulnerability/ Patch Management, Vulnerability Assessment, Splunk
CompTIA Security+, Certified Authorization Professional, (ISC)2 Cert Info Security Professional