DAS is seeking a Microelectronics SME. Are you interested in affecting change in the government and charting the course for the semiconductor industry into the future?
We are seeking candidates to support the Assistant Director of Microelectronics within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD R&E). The candidate's primary role is to support Assistant Director in the implementation of the Microelectronics strategy and roadmap.
- Support development of new ideas and opportunities for the transition and demonstration of new trust and assurance approaches to advanced microelectronics.
- Organize and facilitate microelectronics workshops and technical interchange meetings with government, industry, and academia including DARPA, NSA, Sandia National Laboratories, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, electronic data automation vendors, the Defense Microelectronics Activity, and several DoD trusted microelectronics foundries.
- Support development of Congressionally-mandated status reports
- Mature and transition technologies that enable new trust approaches that reduce reliance upon sole source foundries, and enable broader access to commercial technology
- Author and prepare DoD senior leader reports, briefs, issue papers, policies, and guidance
- Support Microelectronics initiatives including development of strategy, funding options, and alternatives
- Evaluate technical approaches to solving assurance issues facing the DoD weapon system acquisition community
- Support hardware assurance and trusted microelectronics working group activities
- M.S. or Ph.D. in an engineering discipline, physical sciences, or related fields
- Experience working in microelectronics design, semiconductor device fabrication and/or foundry operations, radiation-hardened electronics, radio frequency electronics, electro-optical electronics, field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), defense electronics industrial base or related areas
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, and organizational skills; proven ability to assess, select, and utilize a variety of methods and tools; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to adapt to changing requirements, stakeholders, and environment
- Ability to transform ideas into practical solutions
- Experience in planning and coordination of technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants
Hybrid – Mark Center/Pentagon/Work From Home
Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility