DAS is seeking a Network Administrator to demonstrate expertise in a variety of systems administration concepts, practices, and procedures. The candidate will conduct network capacity and performance analysis. Provide subject matter expertise in troubleshooting network performance issues and recommend corrective actions. Identifies and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and ensures scalability and appropriate integration with other systems. Possess experience with DoD’s defense in depth architecture; the capabilities associated with the DoD architecture; and IA/CND Policies and Procedures.
- Establish and configures, maintains, and supports internal and/or external networks
- Creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan
- Leads and supports activities of the network control function
- Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security and network configurations
- Optimizes the functionality of networks and systems, and diagnoses and recovers failed systems
- Recommends upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment; leads and supports activities of the network control function at client location
- Identifies and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and ensures scalability and appropriate integration with other systems
- Responsible for directing the work of network and system administrators who provide the day-to-day network and system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associate’s degree with at least 12 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of experience
- Master's degree and at least 4 years of experience
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards Master's degree.
The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- IAT /IAM/IASAE Level III qualified
- Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (Commercial Vendors)
- Experience with KM system strategy, implementation, communications, and maintenance
- Experience managing multiple domains, groups policies, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), configuring and managing virtual machines/environments (VMware ESXi), configuration and application of HBSS/EPO
- Understanding of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF)