DAS is seeking a Programming Specialist familiar with automated testing and data collection. May serve as an expert in all aspects of software design, development, and maintenance and may support multiple development projects nearly simultaneously. Responsible for developing, distributing, supporting, enforcing, and integrating best practices and technology standards within the Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) Test and Evaluation Focus Team (TEFT). Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of products and systems. Specific job duties include creating/modifying scripts for automated testing and data collection to perform performance and functional testing of enterprise systems and from various federated web services.
- Plans and coordinates all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the DI2E TEFT’s applications
- Conducts software coding, testing, debugging, and installation of DI2E TEFT applications and systems and documents requirements for databases, applications, and systems
- Documents current and new test lab operating procedures and support testing needs
- Consults with end users to test and debug applications
- Experience with testing tools to include, but not restricted to Java, Groovy, Microsoft Structured Query Language servers and databases, Apache Kafka, Microsoft Report Builder, Wireshark, NetBeans, and other language development, user interface (UI) design and implementation and web-service development tools across an enterprise of network services connected by a common set of protocols, standards, and policies
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associate’s degree with at least 12 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of experience
- Master's degree and at least 4 years of experience
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards Master's degree.
The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Security Plus Certification
- Experience with PKI and SSL/TLS security procedures
- Ability to read and analyze XML and JSON documents
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Microsoft Report Builder, Wireshark, Portecle, NetBeans, Microsoft Structured Query Language servers and databases
- Must be able to understand and develop basic programs/scripts in Java, Groovy, or other languages
- Experience with SoapUI or other automation tools
- Able to quickly learn and become proficient with new software applications and tools
- Good oral, written communication skills, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Have practical and working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications