Overview of Position
System Engineer with proven ability to multi-task and to prioritize rapidly-changing task assignments. Candidate shall have strong communication skills and the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI and FS Poly
(Candidates who do not have the skills, experience, or clearance listed as required will be removed from consideration)
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNASecurity, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and highly visible environment with the ability to
work across branch and organizational lines.
- Develops and maintains code and associated test scripts to meet defined requirements.
- Supports the planning of systems and development deployments as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements and the characteristics of an overall system.
- Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensuring the hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinating and/or modifying systems parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems, testing functionality of the system to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, data integrity, conversion, input requirements, and storage.
- Provide the documentation, testing and maintenance of system updates, modifications and configurations.
- Perform as a liaison with other business functions.
Education & Experience
- High School/GED with twenty (20) years experience
- Associate's degree with fifteen (15) years experience
- Bachelor's degree with twelve (12) years experience
- Master's degree with ten (10) years experience
- Doctorate with eight (8) years experience